I think I may title all of my knitting related posts from now on “knit: blah blah blah” so that non-knitters can totally ignore the posts. It’s okay. I know it’s incredibly boring to read these posts when you aren’t part of the Wooly Coven.
SO! Remember when I said I had fallen back into the loop? It is on! When I was thinking of pulling together my Etsy shop, my mind went directly to KnitPicks as a potential yarn source, even though I haven’t ordered from them since college.
As usual, my mind wandered, and I ended up getting quite a bit more than what I had planned for. In the picture above, I’ve got (clockwise):
- 10 balls of Biggo in Cobblestone Heather, which is this really gorgeous dark grey. It was 50% off, which made it a steal at 4.50 ish a skein.It’s 50% merino, 50% nylon, which is actually heavenly.
- 1 ball of Brava bulky in a Dove Grey (100% acrylic, it looks kind of cheap and crappy, but it was only a buck fifty)
- 1 ball Wool of the Andes Superwash in Haze Heather (really great heathery lavendar)
- 2 balls of Swish bulky superwash merino in Potion (forest green)
- 2 balls of dishie cotton yarn in linen and kenai (cream + beautiful teal/blue)
I’m mostly going to mess around with the yarn that I bought, but those 10 balls of Biggo? Those are going to become the lovely Cozy Weekend Sweater, which I found on Ravelry. I’m casting on tonight, and looking forward to working on it over the holidays.