Friday! Friday! Haven’t been this excited for a Friday in weeks.Â What am I going to do this weekend? EAT.SLEEP.KNIT.Â Let’s look at some links!
- John Waters hitchhiked cross-country from Baltimore to San Francisco. Then he wrote a book about it! What an awesome midlife crisis.Â Here’s an interview with Terry Gross about the book.
- I’ve really been getting into resistance band exercises. Here are 33 moves to get you started.
- If God worked for an ad agency.
- This burger blog makes me laugh.
- Bill Watterson was the secret cartoonist on Pearls Before Swine!
- Go Michelle Wie!
- The actress who played Vee on Orange is the New Black opened up about her nude scene. Can’t believe she’s in her 50s. Good for her.
- Also, somebody rounded up a selection of books from Orange is the New Black. Good eye!
- David Sedaris got a FitBit and freaked out on it.
- I missed the giant Slip n Slide in Potrero.
- A Google Map of Little Free Libraries!
- Opera in the Ballpark is coming back after a year off. This time it’s La Traviata. I’m seriously seriously excited for this one. Garlic fries and free Verdi. Pretty great.
- Bissap Baobab– staying relevant in a changing San Francisco.
- Only in Arkansas. Only on meth.
- Save your pennies,Â John Cheever’s house is for sale for a mere 525K.
- I love making butter in jars. Making whipped cream isÂ even easier.
- Every four years Brazilians paint their streets for the World Cup. Tour the streets with Google Maps
- A brief introduction to how different cultures understand time. I’m mostly American, with a bit of Chinese. Gee, what a surprise.
- James Franco is teaching a Skillshare class about screenwriting. WHAT.
- Beer + Yoga, it’s a thing.
- Dave Chappelle is back, back.
- The science behind why people wait in ridiculously long lines.
- A ragtime version of the Game of Thrones theme.
- Where children sleep.
- Women have been rejected men in art foreverrrrrr.
- Somebody did the mathÂ around the Silicon Valley dick joke.
- I’m loving The Billfold’s series on how muppets do money. I think I’m a Bert, I’m afraid I’m a Prairie Dawn. Props to the writers for making Gonzo a frugal homesteader.
- A British Baroness gives tips on saving $$$. The rich, they’re just like us!
- A million Chinese migrants are staying in Africa and trying to make a life. Definitely adding this book to my To Read list.
- Speaking of Chinese people, these photos of anti-homeless spikes recently installed in Guangzhou and Shenzhen are making the rounds on the internet. Sad stuff.
- I hurt myself in the gym last week. Thanks to this illustrated online guide, I can easily google stretches for my pain.
- This documentary about America’s flawed financial system is backed by American Express but it’s still quite good.
I’ve been looking forward to the backlash to EDM, and this Sam Smith cover of “How Will I Know?” does the trick:
Tracy, your pattern for “the filly”horseshoe lace head band is incorrect. On line 7 of the pattern, k1 *k3.yo. K1….. The k1 should not be there. It should read k1 *k3,yo, sl1, k2tog-psso,yo k4*.
Hi Jan- Thanks for catching my mistake! Updating the pattern and will test it out the next time I knit it.