Like most adults who work the traditional office 9-5, I spend my days working hard, and sending tons of links to my friends and coworkers via Gchat, messenger, or Skype. It’s almost like we speak in links. This is a roundup of my faves from the week.
- I love being alone, whether I’m traveling solo, walking around my neighborhood, or just working on a project alone in my room. Not everybody enjoys time spent alone. This RookieMag article is a great starter guide to the art of being alone.
- I’ve been drooling over this Topo backpack in Teal. Too bad it’s 140$. 🙁
- New York (and soon SF) may have Cat Cafes, but Japan has Moomin Cafe. This looks like a lot of fun, actually. Oh, they also have a Penguin Bars, which really just seems like a bad idea, but I’d still go.
- Hamsters eating tiny burritos. Way better than rats eating your tortilla chips (although I think rats are cute too).
- These Buzzfeed Lists have been done to death, but this one about growing up with Asian immigrant parents is so true.
- There’s a Hayao Miyazaki retrospective at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts for a month.
- Michelle sent me a link to the BBC 1 Live covers, and here are a few of my faves:
- The last This American Life did an excellent segment on death, by basically camping out and interviewing people working and living at a hospice. A few years ago I was interested in volunteering in hospice, but chickened out. After listening to this segment I’m pretty sure I made the right choice. I don’t know how they have the strength.