My thought pattern as I approached the scene in my bedroom:
- HAHA TAKE THAT YOU FAT BUZZY FLY. DIE!!!
- Wait, I am in a position of enormous power. Also, this could be gross. Should I save the fly?
- Maybe it would be more humane to kill the fly.
- Should I kill them both?
- I haven’t read my New Yorker yet and don’t want to get it dirty. Maybe nature should just take its course.
- Am I the spider or the fly?
- This would be a good picture for a depressing blog post!
- When’s the last time I cleaned my windows?
The fly got away, by the way. I was relieved.